World Leading CAFLON Piercing System As Used in 61 Countries Worldwide
CAFLON EAR PIERCING
We are pleased to offer our clientele the opportunity to have their ears pierced at Nascent Skin and Beauty Clinic, using the CAFLON® Ear Piercing System.
- Our Skin Specialist is a qualified CAFLON Ear Piercing Operator.
- CAFLON is the most widely recognised ear-piercing system in the world. It is a total ear-piercing solution used in over 61 countries worldwide.
- Nascent Skin and Beauty Clinic is registered with Central Coast Council to perform procedures under the Skin Penetration Act (Public Health Regulation, 2012.)
Ear piercing for women, men, and children
- Both Lobes $80
Includes a pair of Caflon Silver Earring Studs and a bottle of Antiseptic Ear Care Lotion Spray - for the on-going care of pierced ears
- Single Lobe $60
Includes a Caflon Silver Earring Stud and a bottle of Antiseptic Ear Care Lotion Spray - for the on-going care of pierced ears
The Lobe is one of the most popular ear piercings and is the squishy lower part of your ear.
Healing Time: Usually 6 – 8 weeks
The term “ear piercing” usually refers to ear lobe piercings, whereas piercings in the upper part of the external ear are often referred to as “cartilage piercings”
PLEASE NOTE: We ONLY offer Ear Lobe piercing. (We DO NOT offer Cartilage Piercing, Body Piercing or Exotic Piercings.)
Caflon® Certified Ear Piercing
If you are under 16: You can ONLY have your ear lobe piercing with a parent present on the day to provide their Photo Identification and a Medicare card with both the child and parent name on the card.
If you are over 16, but under 18: You can have your ear lobe piercing if you provide Photo Identification.
Legal guardians can also provide consent:
- The legal guardian needs to produce a guardianship order/court order together with an ID of the child (birth certificate or passport) to confirm the child’s name is the same child named in the guardianship order.
- The legal guardian needs to also provide their Photo Identification to confirm they are the nominated legal guardian named on the guardianship order/court order.
At Nascent Skin and Beauty Clinic we DO NOT offer ear piercing to any child not yet of sufficient age to attend school.
Poor practices during piercing procedure can lead to:
- infection including blood-borne viruses
- allergic reactions
- nerve damage
Procedures that involve skin penetration carry a greater risk of spreading disease because microorganisms (germs) can easily enter the body when the skin barrier is broken. Microorganisms that are present on dirty contaminated equipment, especially needles, have caused outbreaks of diseases such as hepatitis C and B. Most of the outbreaks of disease have occurred when contaminated needles were used. Because of this risk, needles must not be reused.
Always choose an experienced piercer whose premises are registered with their local council. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the piercer’s experience and procedures. If they do not answer your questions, or you are not satisfied or comfortable with them, do not feel pressured – take your business elsewhere.
Our Skin Specialist is a qualified CAFLON Ear Piercing Operator. Nascent Skin and Beauty Clinic is registered with Central Coast Council to perform procedures under the Skin Penetration Act (Public Health Regulation, 2012.)
*Piercing yourself or getting a friend to do it is extremely dangerous and is not recommended
When piercing your ear lobes, the operator should:
- wash their hands at the beginning and end of the procedure,
- clean and disinfect your skin thoroughly before and after the procedure using a seperate alcohol based steriwipe for each ear (to prevent any cross contamination)
- wear single-use gloves on both hands throughout the procedure
- use new sterile jewellery for piercings
- use sterile equipment
- provide you with information about how to care for your piercing.
How long your piercing takes to heal depends on where it is, the technique used, the components of the jewellery, how you look after it and your body’s own healing ability. Using the CAFLON System, your healing time should be between 6 – 8 weeks.
- After the 6 – 8 weeks, the stud can be removed and other post-type earrings may be worn continuously for the next 6 to 12 months.
- During the first year of piercing avoid going longer than 24 hours without wearing earrings. This will ensure that the piercings will not close.
- Use only post-style earrings continuously for the first 6 months after piercing. The post should be surgical stainless steel or other hypoallergenic material.
- Minor pain/redness may occur immediately – this is normal. This will settle within 48 hours provided proper aftercare is carried out. If undue pain/swelling/redness occurs at any time, seek medical advice before removing the earpiercing studs
Our operator will give you detailed information about how to care for your ear piercing at home. Follow their advice to avoid complications. If you experience any problems, seek advice from your operator or general practitioner.
After you get the piercing, clean your ears twice a day with the After Care Solution provided or sterile saline. You can give each ear ring a half turn (this assists the healing process) during this first 6 – 12 weeks. You can clean around the piercing without removing the ear ring.
*DO NOT use any alcohol-based cleaning solutions, tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide, skin cleansers, antiseptic solutions or cream. These can dry out the skin and can sometimes result in prolonged healing times.
While it’s tempting, avoid excessive handling or playing with the jewelry. This is a common way infection starts. Remember, just half a turn, once a day, when cleaning.
Getting your ears pierced should involve a few moments of pain in exchange for the chance to dress up your earlobes and have some fun. When an infection strikes, treating it promptly ensures faster healing with fewer complications.
CAFLON ear piercing products are made from hypoallergenic material. They are pre-sterilised before packaging, significantly reducing the risk of infection. As CAFLON products are hypoallergenic, in most cases, they do not cause allergies or irritations. Our stunning range of styles and sizes are available in nickel free metals such as 24ct gold plate, white stainless steel, and titanium.
CAFLON ear rings have a secure scroll style butterfly back to prevent piercing closure that can be suffered when choosing smaller style labaret posts. The CAFLON style ear ring is ideal for those getting a new piercing. The comfortable flat back design won’t poke you while sleeping, which allows you to wear your jewellery 24/7, and aids in ensuring your new piercing heals properly.
The piercing process is conducted using the CAFLON Blu gun system. Attached to the gun for each new piercing are a clasp retainer/ear guard and stud holder. Both these items are pre-sterilised, single-use disposable items that are packaged together with the sterilised blister pack holding the stud and clasp. In this way once the ear lobe has been sterilised, the piercing site remains untouched by human hands throughout the entire procedure.
CAFLON® Ear Piercing
The Safer Way to Pierce Ears