SHR IPL HAIR REDUCTION
The Gold Standard in Hair Removal Effective, comfortable and fast
Body hair won't actually keep you warm!
SHR IPL - the latest innovation in Hair Removal
SHR IPL Hair Removal
Getting rid of unwanted hair is an age-old issue, with long-term hair removal being particularly challenging. You might be familiar with the various forms of hair removal, be it shaving, epilating, tweezing, waxing or IPL Laser hair removal. But there’s something new…just three letters you need to remember when it comes to getting gorgeous hair-free skin for the summer ahead – those 3 letters are SHR
The acronym SHR stands for Super Hair Removal. SHR is a huge step forward in permanent hair reduction and is the most advanced way of removing unwanted hair. SHR uses ground breaking technology to offer a simple, one-stop solution for truly effective hair reduction. SHR is faster than traditional IPL and Laser, it’s safer and its pain-free in comparison. A revolutionary new method for permanent hair removal treatments for our clients, both ladies and gentlemen.
So, say goodbye to painful hair removal methods and laborious treatment times and say hello to long-lasting results and full-body confidence day after day.
If you are fed up with shaving or waxing, or the pain associated with IPL or LASER Hair Removal – you should consider SHR IPL permanent hair removal
What is the difference between IPL Laser and SHR?
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. IPL uses a single high-intensity pulse of multiple wavelength light energy directly into the dermis, which targets the hair follicles and melanin. The light energy emitted is absorbed by the pigment in the hair follicle and changed into heat to damage the targeted hair follicle. The intense light and energy from IPL is converted into heat energy and is able to cause damage to the hair follicles without causing too much damage to the skin. This makes IPL more suitable for people with darker and coarser hair. IPL is not suitable for treating sensitive and/or darker skin types (Fitzpatrick Skin Types 4 (IV) to 6 (VI).
SHR stands for Super Hair Reduction, the latest pain-free advancement in Laser/IPL permanent hair reduction systems. Traditional IPL uses a press and flash method whilst SHR IPL is a constant in motion of multiple flashes as the light is run across the skin. The pulses or shots use less energy to do the same job as traditional IPL so heat the skin and follicle less which is a much more comfortable experience.
SHR differs from traditional Laser/IPL treatments in that the light energy delivery targets the hair stem cells as well as the blood supply that feeds it. It does not rely solely on the colour (pigment) of the hair to effectively destroy the targeted hair follicle. SHR technology gradually heats the skin by an in motion or sliding technique until the ideal amount of energy is delivered to the hair follicle. The shots achieve high average power and therapeutically effective heat build-up, with virtually no pain that effectively damages the hair follicles and prevents re-growth while avoiding injury to the surrounding tissue. The in-motion technique of moving the applicator repeatedly over the treatment area ensures full coverage while the cooling system cools the skin surface preventing superficial burns and allowing for virtually painless, yet highly effective hair removal. SHR delivery creates a shorter treatment time compared with IPL and Laser.
New clinical research has shown that a slower and longer focused heating process by SHR is more effective for permanent hair reduction than high and short levels of energy used in traditional Laser/IPL systems.
Why choose Nascent Skin & Beauty?
At Nascent Skin and Beauty, we are pleased to offer advanced non-surgical solutions that work. Whether you suffer from excessive hair growth or just want to stop regularly shaving, waxing and plucking, SHR Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) hair reduction treatments are designed to stop hair growth impacting your life. Our expert therapists are skilled in removing hair from all areas of the body for both women and men, on nearly all skin types, and because SHR IPL hair reduction has little to no downtime, you can get back to your daily routine straight away.
Our highly trained and skilled therapists use the Protege System, a medical-grade TGA Australia Approved IPL System from Australian Aesthetic Devices (Aesthetics Bureau). Your safety and well-being are paramount when we treat you, and we are extremely selective regarding the equipment we use, and the training of our staff. We chose the Protege System from the Aesthetics Bureau as they are the only TGA certified IPL and LED manufacturer in Australia carrying an international ISO 13485 certification.
SHR IPL Treatment Prices
Compare SHR IPL to the cost and hassle of a lifetime of waxing, shaving, tweezing and plucking
Get those summer buff bodies ready today !
Look your best with less maintenance
Book your SHR IPL Permanent Hair Reduction Treatment with our skin specialist today
CALL 0412 682 743
The Hair Growth Cycle
The SHR IPL Treatment
Qualified and Experienced Staff
Kay, your Skin Specialist, is a highly qualified and experienced Skin and Beauty Aesthetics Practitioner with Diplomas in Beauty, Hair, Skin Aesthetics and Epilation awarded from the London Guild College, United Kingdom, and has more than 35 years practising experience.
In pursuing the modality of Skin Care and Rejuvenation, Kay has Graduate Diploma qualifications in Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Laser; Permanent Hair Reduction, Skin Rejuvenation; Radio Frequency Treatments and Tattoo Removal; awarded by the Sydney Dermal Institute, Australia.
Kay continues to enhance her skin care education, knowledge, and subsequently your skin care results, by learning about the latest techniques, equipment and products as they emerge and develop and bringing the best of that knowledge, equipment and products to our clinic.
At NASCENT our interest and passion for advanced skin care management means we take pride in our ability to listen carefully to your needs and wants, perform advanced skin analysis and diagnosis, and customise an in-clinic and home skin care treatment plan to meet those needs and deliver outstanding skin rejuvenation results.
BEFORE SHR IPL Treatment
- DO NOT expose the treatment area to the sun or solarium four (4) – six (6) weeks prior to treatment
- ALWAYS use sunblock with SPF 30+ before and after treatments – whenever exposed to sunlight
- DO NOT use spray tan or tanning creams at least two (2) weeks prior to treatment – all traces of tan have to be removed. The hair reduction procedure may have to be postponed if you have a tan. Any form of tanning may lead to complications and side effects such as hyper and hypopigmentation
- DO NOT wax, pluck or bleach the hair for four (4) weeks before and during treatment. You may shave in-between treatments
- DO NOT use prescription Retin-A™ for two (2) weeks prior to treatment
- DO NOT use Roaccutane™ for at least six (6) months prior to treatment
- DO NOT shave the proposed treatment area for 7 days prior to your treatment. Your therapist needs to see the hair growth and will shave you immediately before your treatment.
- Remove all make-up, deodorants, cosmetics and sunscreen products with a neutral cleanser prior to
commencing the treatment.
- Remove any jewellery from the treatment area.
AFTER SHR IPL TreatmentAfter IPL hair removal
- The skin in the treated area may go slightly red for a few hours and may feel warm similar to a light sunburn
- ALWAYS use sunblock with SPF 30+ before and after treatments – whenever exposed to sunlight
- Apply a soothing gel as recommended twice a day for three (3) to four (4) days until the skin has recovered
If redness is apparent after treatment, until it subsides completely avoid the following;-
- makeup over the treated area – mineral make up is ok if necessary
- using perfumed lotions or creams, exfoliants, loofah sponges, Retin-A products etc
- hot or cold water – use tepid water
- swimming in pools and spas with chlorine or multiple chemicals
- activities that cause perspiration
- sun exposure of treatment area (ongoing)
In the case of micro crusting or swelling of the skin apply a soothing gel as recommended and advise us immediately;-
- DO NOT pick or scratch the area as this may lead to infection and scarring
- The hair will appear to grow (though very slowly) for two (2) to four (4) weeks during which time you will see it fall out, particularly when showering, this is the treated hair being pushed out of the follicle, not new growth
- Any hair that does not fall out was either not in the Anagen Stage or possibly wasn’t treated
- New growth will appear in the areas that were shaved and treated, though there will be a certain percentage of hairs that don’t grow back. This percentage will increase with each session as hairs in their Anagen Stage are eliminated and eventually you are hair free.
- Between treatments, DO NOT wax or pluck the hair, allow the hair to fall away by gently exfoliating (once the skin has settled) or you may shave lightly during this period.
Once you’ve completed your treatment cycle, you can look forward to a lifetime of smooth skin with only the occasional maintenance treatment. Compare that to the cost, pain and hassle of a lifetime of waxing.
Interested in starting your HAIR FREE tomorrow?
Book Your SHR IPL Appointment Today