IPL Rejuvenation for Aging Skin
IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment
A clear complexion is something many people want, but even with the most meticulous skin care regimen, the aging process is inevitable
IPL Photorejuvenation Prices
- Full Face $205
- Full Face + Neck $255
- Full Face + Neck + Decolletage $355
- Forehead + Eye area $130
- Cheeks $105
- Cheeks + Nose $120
- Chin $55
- Neck $105
- Decolletage $205
- Other Areas $POA
- IPL Laser treatments should only be administered by trained and qualified operators.
- For IPL Laser treatment to provide optimal results it is essential you undergo a thorough skin analysis and consultation including high tech photo assessment to identify any underlying skin disorders, any contraindications to treatment and your general skin condition for future assessment. The Consultation incurs a one-off cost and all subsequent assessments and photo sessions are free of charge as we identify your skin progress after treatments.
- IPL treatments costs are based on the area being treated not the type of skin condition or disorder.
- Different filters are applied depending on what is being treated – Acne, Aging Skin, Pigmentation or Veins.
- The cost is based on treatment time and the number of light flashes required – they are identical for each treatment type but with a different wavelength filter applied to target the specific skin condition being treated and a variable frequency applied depending upon your skin condition or the depth of the disorder.
- The number of treatments required and the frequency of treatments will depend upon the severity of your skin concern or disorder.
Aging Skin and IPL Photorejuvenation Treatment
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) for treatment of Aging Skin
The use of Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Lasers for treating aging skin is a treatment breakthrough that can correct many skin conditions without downtime, creating clearer, more vibrant and youthful skin through a process called Photo-Rejuvenation.
IPL can be used effectively on all areas of the body, and has been shown to be an effective treatment for; freckles, sunspots and other hyperpigmented areas; acne (the light energy destroys bacteria colonising your skin); UV sun damage, age spots, discoloured skin areas and/or redness; broken capillaries & rosacea; and lacklustre skin texture.
IPL technology emits multiple wavelengths of light into the skin, which are absorbed by either the blood when treating vascular lesions or the melanin when treating pigmented lesions damaging them. The damaged tissue is then removed by the body’s natural processes or forced to the skin surface appearing as micro crusting which is easily sloughed off when exfoliating. IPL treatments can provide dramatic improvements in the appearance of age spots, sun spots, sun damage, freckles, rosacea and more. With the innovative IPL Skin Rejuvenation treatment, you can gently reverse the signs of skin damage without surgery or needles.
Photorejuvenation treatments stimulate the body’s natural healing process to assist in the removal of treated pigmentation and vessels, while also promoting the natural production of collagen, which leaves skin smoother and more evenly toned, firms the skin and reduces skin pore size, and results in a more youthful-looking skin. The same treatment can also be used effectively on the neck, chest and hands as well as arms and legs.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Skin Rejuvenation – often better known as IPL Photorejuvenation, IPL Laser Photofacial or IPL Foto Facial – is a state of the art technology, and with a trained and skilled skin therapist, can deliver world-class results. IPL Photorejuvenation is a non-invasive treatment performed in-clinic, with a medical-grade Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology system.
The wonderful thing about IPL treatment is the fact that it starts working immediately – as in on the same day as your treatment. As soon as the laser treatment makes contact with your skin, the energy prompts your body’s natural regenerative properties to start improving your complexion and skin texture.
As for how soon the results will develop, it will take some time. The important thing to remember about laser treatments like this one is that the results will appear gradually as old skin cells are shed and collagen production in the skin increases. For most, that means it takes about one to two weeks before you will see the results of your first treatment. Your final results will be visible after four to six weeks.
- Optimal results may take 4 to 8 treatments delivered between 3 to 6 weeks apart
- Immediate results can be seen after each treatment but they will continue for up to 12 months as the skin produces new collagen & elastin
- Results achieved are long-lasting, however individual results may vary
Healthy Glowing Skin is ALWAYS In!
IPL is NOT a suitable treatment for you if;-
you are pregnant or have very dark skin (Fitzpatrick Type IV and above)
you have taken oral Roaccutance (acne medication or similar) in the past six months
you have a history of active infections, severe eczema, and/or seizures, you may NOT be suitable for IPL treatments
you have experienced sunburn recently, have had exposure to the sun or have a fake tan (tanning beds / solariums) in the area to be treated, you may have to postpone your IPL Photorejuvenation treatment until the burn has subsided.
IPL Skin Care
Following these Pre-treatment instructions closely will optimise your treatment results with the IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
- Use a sunscreen with SPF of at least 30 daily. Skin that is suffering sunburn cannot be treated until the sunburn has subsided.
- Avoid any irritants to your face, such as any products containing hydroquinone, bleaching creams, Retin-A, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents or chemical peels for at least two (2) weeks.
- If you have a history of hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin) with IPL, laser treatments or other trauma, please inform our Skin Specialist, so we may prescribe a lightening agent prior to the procedure to reduce this reaction.
- Do not use self-tanning agents for at least two (2) weeks prior to treatment. If you have used these products, thoroughly cleanse the area with abrasive / exfoliating scrub to remove all product two (2 ) weeks prior to any treatment and do not apply any further products.
- Shave the area to be treated one (1) day prior to your appointment if necessary – ie back, chest, arms etc (do not shave if you are having an IPL Permanent Hair Reduction treatment)
- Please do not wear any makeup, perfume, or lotions in the treatment area on the day of your treatment. This includes antiperspirants and deodorants
- Before each treatment, please inform us if you are taking any new antibiotics or medications since your consultation, as they may make your skin sensitive to light treatments, and therefore, we may not be able to treat you for one (1) or two (2) weeks after completion of the antibiotic. This applies to both Skin and Hair IPL treatments.
For Permanent Hair Reduction treatments;-
- Do not pluck or wax for at least one (1) month prior to your first treatment, continuing through the course of your treatments. Plucking / waxing removes the hair being targeted in the treatment.
- Do not bleach or use “Nair”- type products for two (2) weeks prior to treatment, as this can irritate the skin.
Following these Post-treatment instructions closely will optimise your treatment results with the IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
- Immediately after the Intense Pulsed Light treatment, there may be redness and bumps at the treatment site, which will last from two (2) hours up to a few days. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn for a few hours. You may use a cold compress, aloe vera gel, or 1% hydrocortisone if needed. If treating the face, please continue using sun protectant with SPF 30+ daily for the entire treatment period.
- Do not pick, as scabbing could lead to scarring.
- Make-up may be used after the treatment if there is no extended redness, blistering, or scabbing. Make sure that you have moisturiser on under your makeup; use moisturiser or an aloe vera gel frequently on the treated area.
- Avoid sun exposure for four (4) to six (6) weeks after the treatment to reduce the chance of dark and light spots. Use sun protectant SPF 30 or greater with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide at all times throughout the course of treatment. Even waterproof sun block is good for only 80 minutes, so re-apply hourly.
- Do not use any other forms of hair removal methods (tweezing, waxing, depilatories) or products on the treated area during the course of the laser treatment, as it will prevent you from achieving your best results. You may shave the area if needed.
- Until initial skin irritation subsides, avoid hot water and anything irritating to the skin. Advil or Ibuprofins can be helpful.
- Avoid any irritants to your face, such as any products containing Retin-A (tretinoin), retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic / salicylic acids, astringents or chemical peels for at least two(2) days.
- Do not wear tight, constricting clothing in the treated area as irritation can occur and skin cannot cool properly.
- Do not exercise, receive any body treatments, take hot showers, or use saunas or hot tubs until skin is back to normal (2-3 days).
- Hypopigmentation (lightening) or hyperpigmentation may occur with any IPL treatments, and usually resolves within four (4) to six (6) weeks.
**Contact our clinic or a general practitioner as soon as possible if you develop any signs of infection (pus, tenderness, fever)
IPL is NOT recommended during pregnancy.
Please advise our Skin Specialist if you are pregnant, attempting to conceive or lactating / breast feeding.
*DISCLAIMER: Results may vary from person to person. Whilst we have seen amazing results from IPL for a range of skin concerns, please know that results from IPL vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend speaking to our Skin Specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how IPL works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin and beauty goals.