Timeless RX Peel
“The ultimate peel to dramatically reduce the visible signs of aging”
Cosmedix Elite RX Anti-Aging Peel
Cosmedix Elite Timeless RX Peel is a high-performance anti-aging facial peel containing 40% encapsulated Retinol AGP complex to generate immense activity in the skin. Blended with 25% Chirally Correct L-Lactic Acid for surface exfoliation.
Delivers key Vitamin A ingredients into the deeper layers of skin. Stimulates collagen & elastin production while promoting cell turnover.
NOTE: Your skin must be prepped with one of our Vitamin A serums for a minimum of 14 days prior to having a Timeless RX Peel.
Treatment Cost: $255
Aging Skin | Sun Damaged | Pigmentation | Acne | Mild Scarring | Melasma
Quick & Effective | Level 3 Peel with Retinol
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, prior to any clinical treatment your personal practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin using a number of advanced diagnostic skills, consult with you as to the results you wish to achieve and recommend a course of treatments based on your unique skin needs and lifestyle demands to ensure beautiful results with the least amount of disruption to your schedule.
The Timeless RX Peel is an enormously effective peel that works to restore the growth of healthy, young skin cells. Increasing cell turnover and normalising cell function. Timeless RX Peel also increases the skins ceramide production and moisture level to give an age-defying, smooth-textured complexion.
Unlike traditional acid peels which simply exfoliate the skin, the high-potency 40% Retinol AGP gives an overall more corrective approach to peeling.
Alpha Hydroxy Acids found in most skin peels work fairly superficially, therefore AHA peels are not the most effective solution for deeper concerns such as melasma and deep lines. Vitamin A works much deeper within the skin, therefore being able to address such concerns as melasma, hyperpigmentation and even deeper lines that form in the dermis.
What makes the CosMedix Elite Timeless RX Peel so effective for treating stubborn skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation and melasma, in particular, is the high dosage of Vitamin A. Unlike traditional acid peels that simply dissolve and exfoliate the skin, Vitamin A acts as a cell regulator. It actually improves cell function, therefore if cells, including our melanocytes (our pigment-producing cells), are behaving abnormally, the high dose of Vitamin A not only causes a peeling effect but also helps to regulate pigment production. This is an overall more corrective approach to skin treatments. Peels that rely on exfoliation will not be as effective for treating such skin concerns as melasma.
Clinical Skin Peels should only be administered by doctors, nurses and paramedical aestheticians that have been specifically educated and certified so you can rest assured that you are in excellent and certified hands at Nascent Skin & Beauty for your peel treatments.
The Peel Treatment
Your peel treatment commences with a thorough clinical cleanse of the face before the Timeless RX Peel is applied. One of the unique things about the CosMedix Timeless RX Peel is the fact that it’s a leave-on treatment. Whilst most medium-depth peels are applied and left on the skin for only up to 20 minutes, neutralised and removed, the Timeless RX Peel is much different in that it is a cream-peel massaged into the skin. The L-Lactic Acid in the peels is self-neutralising so is safe to leave on the skin and allow extra time for the encapsulated Retinol AGP to do its work. The peel is left on the skin for up to 12 hours, so it’s recommended that the peel is left on overnight and rinsed off in the morning. The treatment application takes approximately 40 minutes.
There is no downtime required for the Timeless RX Peel and you can resume your normal daily activities immediately once the 12 hours has elapsed and you have removed the peel. However, you should avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel is removed.
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.
Whilst amazing results have been observed from chemical skin peel treatments, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our skin specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals, skin type and skin condition.
Preparation for a Clinical Skin Peel – Skin Priming
DUE TO THE STRENGTH OF CLINICAL SKIN PEELS A 14 TO 28 DAY PRE-TREATMENT SKIN PRIMING IS REQUIRED.
- Clinical Skin Peels provide medium-depth resurfacing to make the skin dramatically tighter and smoother.
- Prepping the skin is of utmost importance to maximise the skin’s ability to accept additional active ingredients and to minimise the risk of post-procedure irritation and hyperpigmentation.
- Before undertaking your first clinical peel, a pre-peel assessment in our clinic will be necessary.
- Prepping requirements will vary for each individual however they generally involve the application of a suitable cleanser, anti-oxidant serum, and sun protection for at least 14 days prior to your first Clinical Skin Peel. For those undertaking a Vitamin A-based peel (Benefit Peel, Essential Peptide Peel, D-Tox Peel, Timeless Peel, or Timeless RX Peel) a skincare product containing Vitamin A will also be a pre-peel necessity for 14 days prior. Our Skin Specialist will discuss your individual needs during your consultation.
- Investing the time and effort to adequately prep and use appropriate post-peel care for deeper level peels will ensure your skin is ready to undergo the changes needed to reach your skin care goals with optimal results.
After Skin Peel Care
- No additional products on your skin for at least 3 hours
- No products containing AHA’s, BHA, Retinoids (Vitamin A), or exfoliants for 3 to 5 days
- Use a hydrating skincare product every day
- No sun exposure for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Our Skin Specialist will be able to recommend several additional products that are most beneficial when started within 24 to 48 hours of your treatment to minimise recovery time by supplying compromised skin with potent anti-oxidants and soothing and calming ingredients. This will also help to protect your skin from external free radical damage.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
- Medium depth dermal peel
- Stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis
- Removes dead skin cells in layers
- Increases skins natural moisture factor (NMF)
- Effective at treating hyperpigmentation and melasma
- Superior treatment for ageing skin, lines and wrinkles
- Can help treatment mild acne scarring
- Repairs photo-damaged / sun-damaged and environmentally damaged skin
- A results driven treatment that works deeper in the skin for long lasting effect
- Retinol AGP Complex 40% – chirally-corrected vitamin A acid; anti-ageing; stimulates cell turnover; encourages cell growth; all the benefits of retinol with added antioxidants; AGP (arabino-galactan protein) conjugates from wine; regulates sebaceous activity. Clinical studies indicate significant changes in the skin composition, increased collagen, DNA, skin thickness and elasticity. Effective against water loss.
- L-Lactic Acid 25% – Natural moisturising chirally correct exfoliant stimulates change in the skin without irritation, an ideal choice ingredient for all skin types and conditions.
On a rare occasion, some redness may occur which subsides within a few hours. The degree of peeling is variable, ranging from no visible peeling to a light to moderate flaking of skin between days two (2) and seven (7) after the peel.
Due to the ingredients used, the Timeless RX Peel treatment is not suitable during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
You may experience a tingling or tightening sensation in the skin, but no pain. Your skin should instantly be softer & brighter. The Timeless RX Peel results in a clearer complexion with no downtime.
Recommended four (4) treatments – four (4) to six (6) weeks apart
Results are evident 1- 5 days after the treatment and have a cumulative effect. Your skin will be noticeably smoother, with an improvement in tone and texture.
Pregnant or lactating women should ALWAYS consult a physician prior to use of any products or professional treatments. During pregnancy or when breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a multitude of hormonal changes and this can sometimes manifest itself in the form of pigmentation, increased sensitivity, and breakouts. It is not advisable to carry out corrective type treatments in the form of peels beyond the very superficial during this time and there are also certain ingredients in skin preparations that are best avoided until after lactation is completed.
Discover Our Signature Peel Range
Want to enhance your experience?
Try a discounted ADD ON to your PEEL
- LED Phototherapy 15 min +$70
Highly Recommended - Medical Grade LED delivering Blue, Red & Near Infrared light
- CACI NS Face Lift 60-70 mins +$115
Re-educating your facial muscles to firm, lift & tone
- CACI NS Eye Lift 45 mins +$105
Concentrates on lifting the area around the eye softening lines & wrinkles
- IPL Photorejuvenation +$205
Full face treatment
Contraindications – When We Cannot Treat
- Not suitable for persons with open wounds, cuts, abrasions, piercings or tattoos
- Not suitable if you are or have been taking photosensitising (make you sensitive to sunlight) medications
- Not suitable for pregnant/lactating women. Only Very Superficial Peels are permitted if you have written consent from your Doctor.
- Not suitable for any patient with a known or suspected allergy to any ingredient contained within the intended Aspect peel – in this instance being a Salicylic Acid (a natural substance derived from the bark of certain trees); red grapes; cacao.
- Not suitable for patients with active bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as active Herpes Simplex. Any active infections must be treated with a suitable medication, such as Zovirax – Valtrex – Famvir – Acyclovir – before peels can be considered.
- Not suitable for patients with viral warts.
- Not suitable for patients that have used oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the last 6 to 12 months.
- Not suitable for patients that have used topical Tretinoin (e.g. Retin A) less than 72 hours prior.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of keloidal scarring.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of Auto-immune disease.
- Not suitable for patients with active neoplasia (cancer) of any kind or who have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the last 12 months unless approved by the patient’s physician.
IMPORTANT: The above list contains the most common precautions and contraindications to peeling and is by no means complete. Our Skin Specialist must therefore use the best judgement in determining if a given peel treatment is suitable for you, the patient.