Sensitive Skin Peel
“Lighten, brighten and restore clarity to your skin”
Cosmedix Benefit Sensitive Skin Peel
The Cosmedix Benefit Peel improves the overall tone and texture of your skin. It lightens and brightens your skin whilst removing or reducing sun damage, age spots, pore size, and acne scars. It softens fine lines and wrinkles and stimulates the production of collagen resulting in firmer, younger-looking skin. This peel is packed with vitamin C and encapsulated Retinol and is suitable for even the most sensitive skin types.
Unlike traditional skin peels that rely on acids for exfoliation, the Benefit Peel works with the skin’s natural renewal process and increases cell turnover. While basic chemical peels exfoliate from top-downwards, the Benefit Peel stimulates renewal from bottom-upwards. A much gentler, more effective way to skin peels.
Treatment Cost: $145
Sensitive Skin | Sun Damage | Pigmentation | Rosacea | Dry Skin
Quick & Effective | Completely Safe | Non Invasive
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance on the face, neck, or hands. With the Cosmedix Benefit Sensitive Skin Peel, a solution of one or more exfoliating agents is applied to the face to remove the rough upper layer of skin and to stimulate rejuvenation of new skin cells. The result is tighter, smoother skin that is relatively free of fine lines and blemishes.
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, prior to any clinical treatment your personal practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin using a number of advanced diagnostic skills, consult with you as to the results you wish to achieve and recommend a course of treatments based on your unique skin care needs and lifestyle demands to ensure beautiful results with the least amount of disruption to your schedule.
Cosmedix Benefit Sensitive Skin Peel is a gentle, all-purpose treatment that resurfaces, corrects and protects the skin. The Cosmedix Benefit Peel is effective yet so gentle, its even suitable for sensitive skin, rosacea prone skin and black skin. All of which would carry higher risks with an acid skin peel.
A Peel for EVERYONE!
Cosmedix Benefit Peel is a gentle but effective Retinol skin peel that is suitable for all skin conditions. Classed as a ‘Metabolic Peel’, it’s a great alternative to traditional acid peels. Using a combination of Vitamin, A in the form of 10% encapsulated Retinol AGP and Vitamin C in the form of 20% L-Ascorbic Acid. CosMedix Benefit Peel brightens, remodels, and strengthens the skin from within. Without using aggressive acids to exfoliate the skin, instead, it stimulates renewal from the deeper layers.
Unlike acids that exfoliate the surface of the skin by dissolving the bonds between the skin cells. The Cosmedix Benefit Peel contains Retinol / Vitamin A which helps to normalise skin function. This hero ingredient increases cell turnover, regulates sebum activity, regulates melanocyte (pigment-producing skin cells) activity, and helps to restore the barrier function. With the combination of Vitamin C, the Benefit Peel is an effective treatment for boosting collagen production without wounding the skin.
In clinical testing, 91% of Benefit Peel recipients reported brighter skin, more uniform tone, and less apparent wrinkles in just six weeks.
*Appropriate physical sun protection should be applied every day and strict sun avoidance is advised during the course of peels and for at least 28 days after peel treatment.
For best results the application of Pre Post Skin Care using the ASPECT Starter Kit is best, but being a gentle peel we do recommend clients use at least Aspect Retinol Brulee in their home skin care for at least 14 days pre first treatment as this will allow for longer treatment application and better results.
As with all of our treatments, there is a post-peel treatment plan, however this will vary from client-to-client and will be discussed with you by our aesthetician.
Whilst amazing results have been observed from chemical skin peel treatments, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our skin specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals, skin type and skin condition.
- AGP Complex: Anti-aging; stimulates cell turnover; encourages cell growth; all the benefits of retinol with added antioxidants; AGP (arabino-galactan protein) conjugates from wine; regulates sebaceous activity. Clinical studies indicate significant changes in the skin composition, appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, DNA, skin thickness and elasticity.
- Fruit Enzymes: Bromelain (pineapple) fruit and stem.
- L-Ascorbic Acid: Chirally corrected Vitamin C; antioxidant; calming; helps to increase protein synthesis; precursor to collagen production; vital nutrient; soothing, strengthening and calming for sensitive skin types.
- Salicylic Acid: Beta hydroxy acid from pumpkin seeds; exfoliating.
pH Generally 3.0
A gentle, all-purpose treatment that resurfaces, corrects and protects the skin. Packed with antioxidants, Vitamin A and C; and Salicylic Acid. Improves skin tone and texture with instantly clearer, brighter and calmer skin; Improving dull and drying skin; Reducing redness, rosacea, congestion and pigmentation.
Variable, ranging from no visible peeling to a light to moderate flaking of skin between days two (2) and seven (7) after the peel.
Increase in breakout may be expected with initial treatments and indicates positive progress.
Recommended three (3) treatments – one (1) month apart
Pregnant or lactating women should ALWAYS consult a physician prior to use of any products or professional treatments. During pregnancy or when breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a multitude of hormonal changes and this can sometimes manifest itself in the form of pigmentation, increased sensitivity, and breakouts. It is not advisable to carry out corrective type treatments in the form of peels beyond the very superficial during this time and there are also certain ingredients in skin preparations that are best avoided until after lactation is completed.
Discover Our Signature Peel Range
Want to enhance your experience? Try a discounted ADD ON to your PEEL
- LED Phototherapy 15 min +$70
Highly Recommended - Medical Grade LED delivering Blue, Red & Near Infrared light
- CACI NS Face Lift 60-70 mins +$115
Re-educating your facial muscles to firm, lift & tone
- CACI NS Eye Lift 45 mins +$105
Concentrates on lifting the area around the eye softening lines & wrinkles
- IPL Photorejuvenation +$205
Full face treatment
Contraindications – When We Cannot Treat
- Not suitable for persons with open wounds, cuts, abrasions, piercings or tattoos
- Not suitable if you are or have been taking photosensitising (make you sensitive to sunlight) medications
- Not suitable for pregnant / lactating women. Only Very Superficial Peels are permitted if you have written consent from your Doctor.
- Not suitable for any patient with a known or suspected allergy to any ingredient contained within the intended Aspect peel – in this instance being a Salicylic Acid (a natural substance derived from the bark of certain trees); red grapes; cacao.
- Not suitable for patients with active bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as active Herpes Simplex. Any active infections must be treated with a suitable medication, such as Zovirax – Valtrex – Famvir – Acyclovir – before peels can be considered.
- Not suitable for patients with viral warts.
- Not suitable for patients that have used oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the last 6 to 12 months.
- Not suitable for patients that have used topical Tretinoin (e.g. Retin A) less than 72 hours prior.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of keloidal scarring.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of Auto-immune disease.
- Not suitable for patients with active neoplasia (cancer) of any kind or have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the last 12 months unless approved by patients physician.
IMPORTANT: The above list contains the most common precautions and contraindications to peeling and is by no means complete. Our Skin Specialist must therefore use best judgement in determining if a given peel treatment is suitable for you, the patient.