Deep Sea Rejuvenation Peel
“Acid free marine peel that attains dramatic rejuvenating results”
Cosmedix Deep Sea Peel
The Deep Sea Rejuvenation Peel by Cosdedix is a unique, acid free peel which attains dramatic rejuvenating results through the physical penetration of marine-based ingredients deep within the epidermis. This initiates a complex array of biological responses resulting in cellular renewal and regeneration.
Utilises manual exfoliation from plant and herb ingredients of Coral and Seaweed Extract to resurface the skin, lifting away stubborn pigmentation and softening the look of acne scarring.
Not recommended for sensitive skin.
Treatment Cost: $305
Aging Skin | Sun Damage | Pigmentation | Acne Scars
Quick & Effective | Level 3 Peel
Chemical peels can improve the skin’s appearance on the face, neck, or hands. In this treatment, a solution of one or more exfoliating agents is applied to the face to remove the rough upper layer of skin and to stimulate the rejuvenation of new skin cells. The result is tighter, smoother skin that is relatively free of fine lines and blemishes.
To guarantee you get the results you are looking for, prior to any clinical treatment your personal practitioner will thoroughly assess your skin using a number of advanced diagnostic skills, consult with you as to the results you wish to achieve, and recommend a course of treatments based on your unique skin needs and lifestyle demands to ensure beautiful results with the least amount of disruption to your schedule.
Cosmedix Deep Sea Peel is a medium-depth, acid-free peel. A potent, non-acid peel that uses sea herbs and plant extracts to help generate collagen and stimulate deeper changes in the skin. Effective at treating all skin conditions, including melasma/hyperpigmentation, acne, skin impurities, mild acne scarring, environmental / sun damage, premature aging, fine lines, wrinkles and helps to improve skin circulation. The Deep Sea can also be used on the body to treat stretch marks and cellulite. The Deep Sea Peel lifts the epidermis to promote shedding and removal of old, damaged skin cells. The combined action of friction and marine silicates causes micro-trauma to the skin and promotes the natural rejuvenation process. As excess skin is sloughed off, the skin naturally replenishes moistures levels, renews collagen synthesis, and improves overall epidermal structure.
Unlike traditional chemical peels that use acids to exfoliate the skin, the CosMedix Deep Sea Peel is free-from all acids. Instead of using acids to dissolve the intercellular bonds between skin cells and exfoliate the skin, it uses Coral and Seaweed Extract to stimulate immense activity and renewal within the skin. Improving blood flow, oxygen, and nutrient supply to the skin and assist in renewal.
A Cosmedix Deep Sea Rejuvenation Peel encourages skin renewal, leaving you with a healthy, luminous complexion.
Clinical Skin Peels should only be administered by doctors, nurses, and paramedical aestheticians that have been specifically educated and certified so you can rest assured that you are in excellent and certified hands at Nascent Skin & Beauty for your peel treatments.
The Peel Treatment
Your peel treatment commences with a thorough clinical cleanse of the face before the Deep Sea Rejuvenation Peel is applied. The peel remains on for up to 20 minutes (our Skin Specialist will decide the amount of time by observing your skin reaction) to allow the active ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. The peel is then gently removed, a post peel cream and a moisturiser are applied. The treatment takes approximately 45 minutes.
There is no downtime required for the Deep Sea Peel and you can resume your normal daily activities immediately. However, you should avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
We always recommend the use of sunscreen to prevent sun damage to the skin. Sunscreen with SPF 30 or above should be used daily. If you are under the sun for prolonged periods of time, sunscreen needs to be reapplied at least once every two hours.
Whilst amazing results have been observed from chemical skin peel treatments, please know that results vary and we cannot make guarantees. We recommend coming and speaking to our skin specialist for an in-depth consultation. They will discuss in detail how the treatment works, whether it will be right for your skin type and the expected results in line with your skin goals, skin type and skin condition.
Preparation for a Clinical Skin Peel – Skin Priming
DUE TO THE STRENGTH OF CLINICAL SKIN PEELS A 14 TO 28 DAY PRE-TREATMENT SKIN PRIMING IS REQUIRED.
- Clinical Skin Peels provide medium-depth resurfacing to make the skin dramatically tighter and smoother.
- Prepping the skin is of utmost importance to maximise the skin’s ability to accept additional active ingredients and to minimise the risk of post-procedure irritation and hyperpigmentation.
- Before undertaking your first clinical peel, a pre-peel assessment in our clinic will be necessary.
- Prepping requirements will vary for each individual however they generally involve the application of a suitable cleanser, anti-oxidant serum and sun protection for at least 14 days prior to your first Clinical Skin Peel. For those undertaking a Vitamin A based peel (Benefit Peel, Essential Peptide Peel, D-Tox Peel, Timeless Peel or Timeless RX Peel) a skincare product containing Vitamin A will also be a pre-peel necessity for 14 days prior. Our Skin Specialist will discuss your individual needs during your consultation.
- Investing the time and effort to adequately prep and use appropriate post-peel care for deeper level peels will ensure your skin is ready to undergo the changes needed to reach your skin goals with optimal results.
After Skin Peel Care
- No additional products on your skin for at least 3 hours
- No products containing AHA’s, BHA, Retinoids (Vitamin A) or exfoliants for 3 to 5 days
- Use a hydrating skincare product every day
- No sun exposure for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Our Skin Specialist will be able to recommend several additional products that are most beneficial when started within 24 to 48 hours of your treatment to minimise recovery time by supplying compromised skin with potent anti-oxidants and soothing and calming ingredients. This will also help to protect your skin from external free radical damage.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and/or swimming for 24 hours immediately after the peel.
- Smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles and overall improvement in skin texture.
- Stimulates cellular turnover, strengthens skin and increases circulation resulting in brighter, healthier and more hydrated skin.
- Removal of epidermal hyper-pigmentation.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin synthesis for firmer skin and anti-aging benefits.
- Safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Bladder Wrack Extract Powder – A variety of brown seaweed, has three major active constituents: iodine, alginic acid (a fiber) and fucoidan (fiber). High in vitamins and minerals.
- Coral – Coral silicates with powerful oligo proteins, sea salt and calcium, enter cells to deliver minerals and nutrients.
- Sponge – A specialised combination of medium coarse abrasive exfoliants that gently peel upper layers of skin.
- Sea Herbs – An innovative blend of plant extracts enriched with natural antioxidants to restore skin structure and appearance
- Shea Butter – A natural butter extracted from Shea trees enhances cell elasticity and decreases wrinkle formation. Provides slide and glide for the active Coral and Seaweed Extract.
The Deep Sea Peel is extremely effective at stimulating the natural rejuvenation process of the skin, therefore it is recommended to allow 4-7 days downtime following this treatment. During this period, it is normal to experience redness, heat, tingling, pin-prick sensations (similar to sunburn) and peeling.
You may experience a tingling or tightening sensation in the skin. It is normal to experience some discomfort as the peel is massaged into the skin. Based on the depth of treatment, we rate the pain from 3-6/10.
Recommended two (2) to three (3) treatments – four (4) to six (6) weeks apart
Increase in skin breakout may be expected with initial treatments and this actually indicates positive progress – the peel is purging the old skin surface. Generally, there is minimal irritation expected post the Deep Sea Rejuvenating Peel if the skin has been prepped appropriately.
Pregnant or lactating women should ALWAYS consult a physician prior to use of any products or professional treatments. During pregnancy or when breast feeding, a woman’s body goes through a multitude of hormonal changes and this can sometimes manifest itself in the form of pigmentation, increased sensitivity, and breakouts. It is not advisable to carry out corrective type treatments in the form of peels beyond the very superficial during this time and there are also certain ingredients in skin preparations that are best avoided until after lactation is completed.
Discover Our Signature Peel Range
Want to enhance your experience?
Try a discounted ADD ON to your PEEL
- LED Phototherapy 15 min +$70
Highly Recommended - Medical Grade LED delivering Blue, Red & Near Infrared light
- CACI NS Face Lift 60-70 mins +$115
Re-educating your facial muscles to firm, lift & tone
- CACI NS Eye Lift 45 mins +$105
Concentrates on lifting the area around the eye softening lines & wrinkles
- IPL Photorejuvenation +$205
Full face treatment
Contraindications – When We Cannot Treat
- Not suitable for persons with open wounds, cuts, abrasions, piercings or tattoos
- Not suitable if you are or have been taking photosensitising (make you sensitive to sunlight) medications
- Not suitable for pregnant/lactating women. Only Very Superficial Peels are permitted if you have written consent from your Doctor.
- Not suitable for any patient with a known or suspected allergy to any ingredient contained within the intended Aspect peel – in this instance being a Salicylic Acid (a natural substance derived from the bark of certain trees); red grapes; cacao.
- Not suitable for patients with active bacterial, viral or fungal infection such as active Herpes Simplex. Any active infections must be treated with a suitable medication, such as Zovirax – Valtrex – Famvir – Acyclovir – before peels can be considered.
- Not suitable for patients with viral warts.
- Not suitable for patients that have used oral Isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the last 6 to 12 months.
- Not suitable for patients that have used topical Tretinoin (e.g. Retin A) less than 72 hours prior.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of keloidal scarring.
- Not suitable for patients with a history of Auto-immune disease.
- Not suitable for patients with active neoplasia (cancer) of any kind or who have undergone chemotherapy or radiotherapy in the last 12 months unless approved by the patient’s physician.
IMPORTANT: The above list contains the most common precautions and contraindications to peeling and is by no means complete. Our Skin Specialist must therefore use the best judgement in determining if a given peel treatment is suitable for you, the patient.