Skincare for Dry Skin
Skin Care for Dry Skin
Are you looking for skincare for dry skin? Skin becomes dry when its surface becomes damaged. This causes (invisible) cracks which allow moisture to escape easily and irritants to get in. This results in skin feeling tight, looking dull, lacking elasticity, and (in severe cases) triggers flaky patches, itching, and redness.
Without question, hydrated skin is beautiful to behold. When skin is properly moisturised, it’s flexible and supple, both hallmarks of younger skin. Normal hydration also allows skin to preserve and sustain the natural substances it relies on to keep it healthy-looking and visibly protected from negative environmental influences. Hydrated skin is also better able to naturally shed (exfoliate) built-up dead skin which allows younger skin to reveal itself and help a well-formulated moisturiser absorb better.
When you see flaky skin, it can be tempting to want to exfoliate it away, but let’s not rush in to doing that, you’re likely to irritate the skin which in turn will make it flake even more.
- Avoid harsh scrubs and chemical exfoliators.
- Gentle Cleanser – look for one that’s made with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and doesn’t foam.
- Moisturisers – choose one with ingredients that can soften rough cells and pull in hydration.
- Serums – look for serums loaded with Vitamins B, C & E as well as hyaluronic acid
- Masks – their are lots of good masks to help with dry and dehydrated skins
Looking for results-driven professional skincare? We have it covered at NASCENT with brands such as Aspect, Aspect Dr, Aspect Minerals, Aspect Sun, Cosmedix, Cosmedix Elite, Dermaquest, PCA Skin and Societe. Look for Free Delivery, Gifts & Regular Specials.